Registered General Nurse
RESUME OF EMELINA MAWULI AKUA TETTEH
P.O.BOX CT 4474
Cantonments – Accra.
TEL: +(233) 244713470
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
EMELINA MAWULI AKUA TETTEH, a first degree holder in Bachelor of Science Nursing from the University of Cape and a diploma holder in Registered General Nursing from Nurses’ Training college Ho, and has a background in Computer and Information Technology.
I am a nurse with strong experience in delivering quality care to patients with six (6) years of practice in the Medical Department, Triage, Surgical Department, Emergency and Out Patient Department (OPD). I possess a strong knowledge of Medicine, Pharmacology and standards of care in the hospital or private practice setting. I am a caring and reliable person with a reputation of building a great rapport between medical providers and patients. I am committed to making patients more informed and comfortable during their care.
Full Name : Emelina Mawuli Akua Tetteh
Date of Birth : May 11, 1988
Nationality : Ghanaian
Home Town : Aflao
Marital Status : Married
Language Spoken : English, French, Twi, Hausa, Ewe,
Objective : To obtain a position in Health Care Facility where I can utilize my skills, knowledge and experience to provide the highest level of patient care.
HO TEACHING HOSPITAL
Senior Staff Nurse
· Triages patient telephone and electronic inquiries; responds based on protocol or physician instructions.
· Assesses the need for an appointment and schedules if needed.
· Documents symptoms and instructions in the patient’s electronic medical record.
· Contacts patients to communicate test results as directed by the physician.
· Records medical information within the patients’ electronic medical record as instructed by the physician, such as historical immunizations and other health maintenance updates
· Oversees/maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents, ensuring clinical area is adequately stocked; delegates duties as needed.
· Order supplies/equipment/reagents or ensure needs are escalated appropriately. May assist with cost control.
· Attends workshops, seminars and conferences to keep abreast of standards and best practices within the field. Disseminates information to colleagues and/or staff as appropriate.
· Participates in safety programs and orientation of new staff. Ensures infection control compliance. Assists in reviewing policies and procedures, ensuring staff compliance and provides feedback on any policy change needs to the management team.
· Provide coverage of floor staff and assist provider during examination, testing, and treatment of patients as needed.
· Coordinates multidisciplinary health care services and arranges diagnostic tests as ordered by physicians.
· Administers appropriate injections and medications as ordered by medical providers in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines.
· Educates patients and staff on pharmacological/drug effects and protocol requirements.
· Weekly running of Sickle Cell clinic on OPD basis
· Interact and communicate with patients of all ages and ethnic backgrounds, giving quality medical care and treatments
· Closely monitor physiological and psychological health of patient and report changes to medical team , along with initiating corrective procedures when required
· Collaborate with medical professionals to devise and implement care plans.
· Provided direction to nursing and auxiliary teams, scheduled duty roster and assigned tasks.
QUEENS MEDICAL CENTER
Assistant Nurse (2005 – 2009)
· Feed, bathe and dress patients
· Take patients vital signs
· Serve meals, make beds and keep rooms clean
· Set up medical equipment and assist with some medical procedures
· Treating patients with respect and dignity , and giving attention to individual needs and wishes
· Answer calls for help and observe changes in a patient’s condition or behavior
· Coronavirus (COVID-19) Safety Training For Nursing Professionals
· Managing Sickle cell Disease in the Storm of a Deadly Global Pandemic
· Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) and Health Care Associated Infections (HAIs)
· Hydroxyurea for Children with severe SCD: Moderate Fixed Dose vs Maximal Tolerated Dose
· Basic ICT Skills Training for Health Professionals
· Basic Human Right Course for Health Professionals
· Antimicrobial Stewardship Training & Global Point Prevalence Survey
· Infection Prevention and Control and Global Point Prevalence Survey
· Stand Tall at the Bedside: Not in the Courtroom and Communication Skills
· Adaptive and Strengths-Based Leadership for Health Professionals
Bachelor of Science (Nursing) – University of Cape Coast
Registered Nurse – Ho nurses’ Training College
Nurse Assistance – Kings Medical College
JoMMET ICT Training Centre – Software Lessons
Dr. Verner Ndudiri Orish
School of Medicine
University of Health and Allied Sciences
Ho – Volta-Region
Dr. Mensah Lord
Ho Teaching Hospital
Ho – Volta–Region
BSc Nursing at University of cape Coast
Diploma in Nursing at Nurses Training College,Ho
Registered General Nurse at Ho Teaching Hospital