Job title: UI Designer (F/M/D) –
Company: Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Our last release was the highly successful remake of ‘Destroy All Humans!’.
Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. Sharing this mindset is a must for us. We are happy for every candidate who contributes to the diversity of our team.
UI Designer (f/m/x)
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, technically skilled and creative designer to drive user interface design excellence as well as elegant user experience and interactions design on our current and forthcoming titles with established IPs known worldwide.
Our ideal candidate would be able to develop modern PC & console interfaces and usability flow from the initial game design document phase all the way through to the final ergonomic, visually pixel-perfect, animated and splashy final game interfaces.
- Translate high-level gameplay ideas and UX vision into visually functional UI designs (including menus and HUD elements, and icons)
- Define usability strategies and create compelling visual UI through prototyping, wireframing, graphics and animation
- Use wireframes, or mock-ups to clearly communicate ideas in a visual manner or mock-ups
- Work closely with the UX and Game Design teams to determine what type of player experience is intended and how to maximize it
- Design motion graphics to be used as in-game assets.
- 2+ years’ experience in creating interfaces for video game or film feature
- Experience working on game interfaces; ideally for one AA+ title at least
- Proficiency with authoring tools: UMG UI Designer or similar
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of the modern UI/UX design approaches for console games
- Understanding of page & screen layout, typography, icon design and screen readability
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work within a team
- Proactive mindset and curiosity
- Professional level of English
Examples of previous work done are appreciated.
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, free coffee and drinks
- Fitness area in the studio
- Free German language classes
- Stability of a strong publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is always welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us, but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net