Job title: Technical Director (f/m/d) –
Crytek is looking for a Technical Director to drive the development of an unannounced AAA title in our Frankfurt, Germany studio.
- Be the vision holder of technology, take initiatives and push departments to create the best project possible following the Game Vision.
- Work closely with the Game Director to drive the development and manage the engineering team for the project.
- Coach and mentor Technical Leads and take an active role in hiring new engineers.
- Define the technical requirements, development strategy and roadmap. Help driving its execution.
- Work with the engine team to streamline development roadmap and priorities across different teams and products.
- Work closely with leads of all discipline to evaluate project scope and design on their technical requirements and feasibility and direct the development to fit into those requirements.
- Check the state of development tools and production pipeline regularly to fit to project requirements.
- Plan the pre-production of new game projects to outline technical challenges and avoid barriers during the development.
- Establish technical quality level of the product (coding standards, performance and scalability of features and services).
- Produce and maintain plans for mitigation of technical risks across development teams.
- Ensure smooth production together with Dev Management and Technical Leads.
- Aid in setting up financial roadmap and estimation of production costs.
- Collaborate with other technology teams on a technical and knowledge sharing level.
- Keep up with latest technology trends.
- 10+ years of professional experience in the software or games development domain, with at least 3 years in a Lead Engineer capacity.
- Worked on at least one AAA title from start to ship as a technical lead.
- Excellent understanding of C++ in the game development environment.
- Solid understanding of Cloud services.
- Excellent understanding of the tool pipeline for asset creation.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Experience in game development on PCs (Windows, Linux) and current-generation consoles.
- Experience working with Agile Processes.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area.
What you can expect from us
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Relocation support.
- If needed, a company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment.
- …and much more!
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net