Job title: Art Director – MMO Simulation (f/m/d)
Company: Klang Games
Klang is a Berlin-based game studio whose mission is to create deep and meaningful online experiences that bring people together.
At the heart of Klang is SEED, a large-scale virtual world that will provide immersive social experiences through gaming.
Caring, Harmony and Innovation are at the core of SEED as well as our core values as a company. We want to continue building a nurturing and collaborative environment for our employees with an evolving structure that adapts as we grow.
Klang is looking for an Art Director – MMO Simulation (f / m / d) who is responsible for encouraging, leading and driving the artistic vision and development of SEED.
As Art Director (f / m / d) , you will maintain the creative vision and quality bar for the product while managing the art department. If you want to work on an ambitious and ground-breaking project, and want to see a massive and colorful simulation come to life, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
What you will do:
- Provide artistic leadership and lead the art department to drive the overall vision of the project. This will include concept art, 3D assets, VFX, animation and UI
- Oversee the aesthetic unity of all visual parts
- Contribute to the art pipeline definition and develop milestones for the art team
- Supervise and manage outsourced artists, providing them with input, reference, and feedback
- Collaborate with creative leadership and other team leads to identify and solve problems, influencing the direction of the project to support the artistic, game design, and technical goals
- Lead the visuals on marketing and PR to ensure visual coherence across all branding, marketing material, and social media assets
Who we think will be a great fit:
- At least 7 years of game art production experience, including art quality assurance and leadership roles in at least 2 successful PC / Console game projects
- A strong portfolio of artistic accomplishments, particularly showcasing a high standard for minimalistic and stylized art
- Broad knowledge of all art disciplines including: concept art, character design, animation, environment design, VFX, UI, lighting, shading and rendering
- A thorough understanding of art pipelines, the capacities and technical constraints related to the Unity engine, and different game genres
- Strong communication / listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Passionate to make and play games, with knowledge of current titles, genres, and industry trends
- Knowledge of 3D softwares such as Maya and / or Blender
- Experience developing an MMO, RTS, or simulation game
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily – once we are back at the office
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net