Sign in

For applicants

Living and working in Germany

Are you a citizen of a non-EU state and want to work and live in Germany? Then you need a visa for Germany to stay and work.

Which requirements apply to you depends on which country you come from and which professional qualifications you can demonstrate. Here you will find an overview of the information on the Immigration Act, Visa for Germany.

Work visa - job search - Blue Card EU


Requirements jobs-in-Germany

Requirement for foreign specialists

From 01.03.2020 the new immigration law for skilled workers will come into effect in Germany ...

Experts immigration-job singer many

Experts immigration law

It was discussed for a long time, now the Bundestag has ...

employment agency jobsingermany

Employment agency for skilled workers provides extensive information and job offers from German employers, ...

Language skills German -

Language skills German

Job seekers and their language skills As a candidate in Germany in ...

Application for recognition of vocational qualification -

Application recognition professional qualification

Step 2: Recognition = equivalence check Now that you have the preliminary ...

Living in Germany -

living in Germany

Welcome in Germany! Not just because it's a requirement ...

Insurance in Germany -

Insurance in Germany

As in many countries worldwide, you also need in Germany ...

Visa and application -

Visa and application

Do you need a visa to work in Germany? The legal ...

Language Learning Videos German -

Language learning videos German

Would you like to learn German or improve the language? We from …


German language

Do you need knowledge of German? Now that you have the first information ...

Living and working in Germany

If you want to work in Germany, you must have certain requirements and apply for a visa with a residence permit from the German diplomatic mission in your country. As a rule, this title is initially limited and issued for a specific purpose of residence, for example for gainful employment, or to find a job. Whether you can work in Germany, ie receive a “residence permit for the purpose of gainful employment”, depends on the qualification you have. In addition to jobs, you will also find the most important information on living, insurance, travel and everyday life in Germany on our portal.